Mentorship Program Application
Thank you for taking an interest in PEOT’s Mentorship Program. This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with Administrators to develop as a teacher.
The goal of the program is to provide an opportunity for PEOT members to be mentored by Principals and Vice Principals in the Peel School District Board for professional development and to tap into the rich expertise of these Administrators.
Participants will be expected to commit to the mentorship program from October to May. During this period, the administrators will:
- help the participants in their Professional growth and development;
- familiarize mentees with procedures and policies in the school;
- build Relationships;
- help mentees discover their strengths and boost their confidence by obtaining hard skills sets and strategies;
- build on your current interview skills;
- prepare the OT to be effective in teaching in a daily, LTO and permanent classrooms;
- help mentees build assertiveness as well as cultural responsive practices.
Criteria to be a mentee:
- Be an active member of Peel Elementary Occasional Teachers Local
- You must be willing to commit to the whole program. There will be in school observations and meetings with the principal, afterschool whole group meetings at least once a month.
Please answer the following questions and click the SUBMIT button.
Applications must be received by SEPTEMBER 21, 2019